We're really behind on posts...but don't fret we have lots to report from our end!
Since this is REALLY easy, I couldn't resist posting right away.
If you're like me, you have more than your fair share of leftover turkey, dressing, etc. etc. etc. after last week's festivities. I was trying to brainstorm what do with all these leftovers and ran across the most perfect idea (and it definitely appeases my husband's love for "goulash"!)--Thanksgiving Shepherd's Pie!
There are several recipes out there, but this is what I did:
- grease a baking dish (whatever size fits your leftovers!)
- add stuffing (I used about 2.5 cups)
- add turkey (I used about 2 cups)
- add gravy (not sure how much I used, I just poured on what I had!)
- add corn (this wasn't leftover, but I had some frozen corn that I used--half a bag)
- add mashed potatoes (I used about a cup)
- bake at 325 for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown
Let is cool a bit and enjoy!
For the leftovers of the leftovers, I think I'll add a little salsa or tomatilla sauce (what can I say, I'm a love of all things Tex-Mex).
Stay tuned for lots of holiday related posts soon!